Ozone Shock Treatment in Niagara, ON
Elementary Property Inspections is a company dedicated to Ozone Shock Treatment, a revolutionary odor elimination system that employs natural oxygen to eradicate Odors, bacteria and Mold.
Whether it's in your home, business or vehicle, nobody enjoys foul odors. We have your solution to cleaner air!
Ozone is the second most powerful sterilant in the world and can be used to destroy bacteria, viruses and odors. Interestingly ozone occurs quite readily in nature, most often as a result of lightning strikes that occur during thunderstorms. In fact the fresh, clean, spring rain smell that we notice after a storm most often results from nature’s creation of ozone. However, we are probably most familiar with ozone from reading about the "ozone layer" that circles the planet above the earth’s atmosphere. Here ozone is created by the sun's ultra-violet rays. This serves to protect us from the ultra-violet radiation.
While ozone is very powerful, it has a very short life cycle. When contaminants such as odors, bacteria or viruses make contact with ozone, they are destroyed completely by oxidation. The odor will not come back unless the source of the odor was not completely removed or it has been reintroduced. Ozone reverts back to oxygen usually within 20-30 minutes.
WHAT IS OZONE?
A colourless unstable gas with a pungent odor and powerful oxidizing properties, formed from oxygen by electrical discharges or ultraviolet light. It differs from normal oxygen (O2) in having three atoms in its molecule (O3).
HOW IS OZONE PRODUCED?
In nature ozone is produced by some chemical reactions. The most familiar example is of course the ozone layer, where ozone is produced from the sun’s ultra-violet (UV) rays. But ozone is also produced by thunderstorms and waterfalls. The extreme high voltages produced within thunderstorms also produce ozone from oxygen. The special “fresh, clean, spring rain” smell is from nature-produced ozone.
IS OZONE SAFE?
Yes. Commercial ozone generators are designed for use in unoccupied spaces. Shortly after treatment the O3 will revert back to O2, leaving no chemical vapors in the air or residue on surfaces. At the same time, ozone is a powerful sanitizer and excessive ozone concentrations may cause mucus membrane or respiratory irritation, and can affect people with asthma. Several years ago, a concern developed when consumer air purifiers began to incorporate ozone and were marketed as around the clock units for homes and offices. The possibility of long-term exposure for consumers resulted in a notice of caution by government agencies. Therefore, it is always best to use ozone in unoccupied spaces as recommended.